Odds and ends

Friday, July 28, 2006

Some random thoughts

Here are some things I find it very hard to believe:
Noah and His Ark:
There's not enough water in existance to flood the entire globe, even if it rained for forty days and forty nights. Among his animals, would he have had room for a pair of all the sorts of dinosaurs, wooly mammoths, etc? We know such creatures existed. It would take a lot of feed to keep all those animals alive for 150 days until the water went down.

Adam and Eve: Who did Cain and Abel marry to perpetuate mankind? And when the big flood came, the only people saved were Noah and his family. Everything else on the earth was destroyed.

I believe all life evolved and that the earth underwent many changes along the way. Din0saurs once roamed the earth in Alberta, and when they came to an end that same area was covered by ice. I believe that the Earth was hit by a huge meteor which knocked it off its regular orbit and that spelled the end of the dinosaurs. Areas once tropical became polar regions covered by ice. Remains of a wooly mammoth have been found in Nova Scotia.
I believe that Earth will be hit again by a huge meteor and will undergo another big change. If man doesn't blow it up first using neuclear power. Fasten your seat belts.

4 comments:

Tuffysmom said...

Hmm...I feel I have to comment, point by point on this blog!
If Noah had an Ark..why did he bring cockroaches and mosquitoes on it? Or fleas? So, I have my doubts about that story too.
Well, since Cain killed Abel..he must have married his mother...so, we all must be the product of incest!!!! Yikes!
Now, I prefer not to believe that a huge meteor is going to destroy us all. In this day and age, who needs meteors? Bush seems to be doing a pretty good job of it all by himself.
And Global Warming..this planet is doomed!
And, of course we evolved!!! At least, some of us....hahahaha.
In my (unvalued) opinion, the bible is just a book that's been translated so many times throughout the ages that is has lost all meaning.
But..for some reason, I still have hope!
Love ya Dad.

NanNan said...

Great comments tuffysmom-- especially the evolved one--hahaha

Fireguy said...

The Bible has lost all meaning? Wow - that's a surprising comment to all the folks whose life has been changed by it for the better...
I'd give that one more thought...love ya!!!

kicking-and-singing said...

I rememebr when I was in high school and going to youth group, the pastor was going on about this and that, and fianlly to shut him up or at the very least change the topic and get some real conversaiton going I politely raised my hand and asked him where Cain and Ables wives came from...
The rest of the evening was spent going back and forth and at the end a very flusterd Pastor..I loved it*S*

Followers