Odds and ends

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Spruce Trees for Sprucewood Drive

















On our lawn were two old stumps, cut off at ground level, where two big spruce trees once stood. I decided to replace them with new spruce trees, which seemed appropriate for the address, Sprucewood Drive. This little blue spruce is shown as it was in mid July of the last three years.



I found the little tree on the left growing under our front deck, up alongside the foundation wall. It must have sprouted from a seed which had lain dormant for over fifteen yeats, and then decided to sprout.

2 comments:

Traveling Man said...

I apologize for the layout, it bears little resemblance to its preview when I composed it.

NanNan said...

No need to apologize--- I'm always thrilled to see a new post from you-- but I am detecting an overriding theme to your blog--- I'd say you still have your green thumb---

Followers