Odds and ends

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Kedji Security


Following is a copy of an e-mail I sent to Parks Canada.

"On 1st August, when returning to Yarmouth from a meeting at Bridgewater, I decided to spend a few minutes with my daughter who was camping at Kejimkujik National Park. At the gate I was told that security
regulations forbade them to tell me the location of her camp site. They suggested I check at the tourist information centre a short distance down the road. I paid the entrance fee and continued. At the information centre I was again denied my daughters location, but that I could continue and search the camping areas myself.Would you kindly explain what security risk would have been involved in helping me locate my daughter's camp site. My time was limited on that day so I turned around and came home."

I had a passenger with me and we didn't have time to start searching the camping areas.

6 comments:

NanNan said...

SEARCH THE CAMPING SITES !!! ALL 400 OF THEM!!! yeah, good idea- why couldn't they have just told you that we checked out early---sorry----sorry you went to all that trouble, it's way off the beaten path-- we seem to always come home a few days early--

Traveling Man said...

Check edited blog. It was on Aug 1st, not 2nd. I came by Kedji.

NanNan said...

We were in the exact spot as last year-- too bad we missed you!! So much for cell phones-- most of the time it was dead-- or not getting any reception-- did you try phoning?

Traveling Man said...

At first I planned to go to Bridgewater alone and was going to try calling to let you know I was coming. But when Hank Reed decided to come along I changed my mind. When we finally decided to visit you I unfortunately didn't have your cell phone number with me.

Tuffysmom said...

That's crazy - what kind of security risk could you possibly pose? Some times common sense goes right out the window! It's not as if you were rowdy drunken fruitcakes with guns in the back seat for Gods Sake. I'm glad you sent them an e-mail...hope they respond.

kicking-and-singing said...

Oh My god, what if there had of been a family emergency..Are these people completely mental?
Must be.

Followers