Odds and ends

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Ancient History



When we were posted to France in 1957, one of the first things I bought was a new camera. I have accumulated 13 trays of slides, each tray containing 140 images. Since my projector broke down recently I needed to find some way to make use of the pictures. When I saw a scanner with an feature allowing the copying of slides at a reasonable price, I took it home. Since them I have spent hours making copies.
Here is a picture I took at a cemetery near Marville, France. Hundreds of skulls, and a stack of arm and leg bones stacked up against the wall on the left. Kinda gruesome, eh? Lord knows how long ago these people passed away.
On a more cheerful note, Nannan is shown above with our new zephyr automobile, somewhere in France.

4 comments:

NanNan said...

Gruesome!!!!!!!!!!!
Me and a collection of skulls??
What to say-- cute??? :)

NanNan said...

PS--I'm not that ancient-- and quit laughing tuffysmom-- time for that bikini photo-----

Gillian said...

Boy, Nannan hasn't changed a bit- same face! Cute!

G.

Tuffysmom said...

I'm not laughing....how can you think I'm laughing. Actually, I think that picture of you is cute. I am hoping some others don't turn up though!

Followers