Odds and ends

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Curling












Our curling season opened this week. To get things underway, the first rock was thrown by Guy Hemmings. Guy is a very popular curler from Quebec, a fan favorite of those who have watched him live or on television. I was asked to hold the broom for the ceremony and two of our junior curlers were the sweepers.
Guy and two assistants were touring Canda for the Canadian Curling Association to promote the sport. They were visiting all the clubs in the area, working with local curlers. A reception was held at the club where he signed a lot of autographs and had his picture taken with many of those present.
I wore my vintage curling sweater for the event, one I knitted myself over forty years ago.

4 comments:

NanNan said...

I remember that sweater!!! Amazing! I forgot all about Guy being there-- I'm a big fan of his- he has such a great personality--- You'll probably get your picture in the Vanguard--- if so, scan and share!!!

Funnyface said...

You sound like you had a great day.
Thank you for sharing you wonderful day, and pictures.

Tuffysmom said...

I can't believe you still have that sweater!! I remember watching you knit it. What a great pic of you and Guy, I've saved it to my computer.
Love, Marsha

mikki said...

I didn't even know you could knit! That sweater has held up amazingly well. So have you - you can still fit into it! Hey, that sweater is about the same age as me... no comments about how well I may or may not have held up, thank you ;)

Followers