Odds and ends

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sunday Shopping



It had to come. SUNDAY SHOPPING, I mean. After all, how many of those who voted against it never ate out, gassed up their car, got sick and had to get treatment, needed the fire department or police - on a Sunday. I know the Sunday Brunch at the Prince Arthur restaurant is always well attended.

I suppose I should have waited for a customer to show up before pressing my shutter at the Sobey's pumpkin pile, however, there were lots of cars in the parking lot.

At least I got a scene to remind us of Halloween and the myriads of trick and treaters who will be coming to visit in a couple of weeks.

Yes, I'm still alive, your infrequent blogger.

3 comments:

NanNan said...

Pumpkins are much more seasonal than tomatoes--- will have to keep our eyes out for some pumpkin people---- I hope this puts an end to the Sunday shopping controversy--- and those who are against it for religious reasons can still stay home ----

mikki said...

Seems like such a strange argument to me... here "on the Rock" we have a very large Catholic population, and we also have very rigorous shopping going on every Sunday. If the little old religious ladies here think it's ok to shop on Sunday, then it must be ok! Then again, if that's the biggest controversy going on, that's not necessarily a bad thing :o)
Glad you're still around, oh Infrequent Blogger!

Tuffysmom said...

I say Woohoo for Sunday Shopping too. We were moving all day Saturday, and thank God the stores were open on Sunday, cause if we didn't get that toilet to stop running I was going to go crazy!!!!!
And the stores were pretty well packed too. I think we'll be getting a lot more trick or treaters here than we did at our old place (which was none).

Followers