Odds and ends

Thursday, June 29, 2006

More about Rolf


In response to Nannan's remarks to my previous posting, it was not my fascination with the Queen that prompted me to watch "The Queen, by Rolf". It was because I have been a fan of Rolf Harris since watching him on TV many years ago. I had often wondered what happened to him. Apart from his talent as an entertainer, I didn't realize that his stature as a painter was such that he would receive the honour of doing a special portrait for the queen's 80th birthday.
However, durig the sittings for the portrait, the casual conversation carried on between the two of them showed the queen as real, genuine person.
It was very interesting to watch as his first random brush strokes gradually brought the picture to life, even to the final touch-up to make the strings of pearls look so real. I wish now that I had taped it so that I could watch his majic again.
If Michael reads this, does his name pop up in Australia once in a while?

5 comments:

NanNan said...

So glad the Queen has been dethroned- I think I could have painted her picture after clicking on it for a week!!!! The show will most likely be repeated, everything usually is, except for the ones we really want to see- go to cbc website and maybe you can do a search- I'd like to see it too- even though I know the ending so well!!! :)

Tuffysmom said...

Oh, I see..Nannan's rant was a way to get you to respond..hehehehe..
Gads...you guys scare me. By the way, I like the Queen. Now..I remember the name Rolf Harris..isn't he the guy that sang 'Tie me Kangaroo Down'?
I will feel really stupid if I have him mixed up with someone else.

NanNan said...

You've got the right Rolf, tuffysmom, did he have any other great hit songs?

Tuffysmom said...

Don't know...but I remember seeing him on TV years ago.

NanNan said...

Okay, I've waited patiently, BUT ROLF IS GOING TO DRIVE ME TO SMOKE--

Followers