Odds and ends

Friday, September 01, 2006

Long Weekend


Around 10:30 this morning Fireguy fired up his Blazer and took off to get a music fix at a CCR concert in Antigonish, with a stopover in Stellarton to visit with Tuffysmom. So I am left with a batch of felines for company. First is Kayla, sometimes referred to as "White". Her age is unknown, and she's about as wide as she is long.

Next comes Katie, a hand-me-down from Tuffysmom some years ago She has a cute little sprig of hair, almost like a horn in the middle of her head. She's long and lanky, but not very brave, and is often bullied by Shania.


Shania is at the head of the feline pecking order and bosses both the other cats. All these cats have one characteristic. They are lap cats. When visitors arrive, they won't be sitting long before one of the cats will jump up on their laps. This is fine if the callers are cat lovers, but that's not always the case. Shania often keeps my lap warm while I'm watching TV. Fireguy seems to be the favorite of the other two.
Anyway, I hope everyone has a nice time over the long labour day weekend. Cheers.

5 comments:

NanNan said...

Traveling Man, not sure what the comment "Neil Young" meant on my blog, but if that was your perfect match-- I'm a little concerned-- is this your way of coming out of the closet, or did you not see the question that asked if you would like male or female matches?? I'm really hoping it was the latter, though I'm ok with either-- ;)

Traveling Man said...

I didn't knowe what all that matching crap was all about. I thought the guy looked a lot like Neil Young, that's all

NanNan said...

Phew--- I'm glad you cleared that up !!! ;)

Tuffysmom said...

Poor Katie, the Hand-Me-Down cat. She's used to being third in the pecking order. When I had her, I also had Hannibul and Tuffy. And even though Tuffy was the newbie...poor Katie still had to eat last, after all the good juicy stuff was gone! Hehehehe

NanNan said...

Must make it hard having three lap cats, and only one lap this weekend---- We'll have to come over and provide some extra laps--- love

Followers