Odds and ends

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Where The Buffalo Roamed

Fireguy has kept you posted on our trip to Alberta.
For me it was all that I expected, and more. The highlight, of course, was a visit to the place where I grew up. To get there we had to drive across a farmer's field, a field on which I had once sat for hours on the hard seat of a plow, or walked behind a set of harrows.


On the right is the house as it looked like somewhere around 1920, looking from the south west. On the left, and below, as it is in 2006. It never saw a coat of paint in its entire life. Visiting here brings back a lot of memories.

4 comments:

NanNan said...

Amazing pictures- houses were homes- homes were families, extended families, memories- have never really felt attached to a house- never stayed in one long enough- as much as we advance, some things we lose- too bad!

NanNan said...

How do you like your new monitor?

Tuffysmom said...

I always look upon the house at Collins Street as my house.
I've lived in and cleaned so many houses that I felt no loss when I left the house on Cowan Street. Even though we got married there.
Yes..we lost a lot I think.

mikki said...

The photos are wonderful - amazing how well that house is holding itself up. I think you're lucky to be able to go back again and again, and see it still there. Gives a feeling of connectedness, I think. Anyway, welcome home :o)

Followers