Odds and ends

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Bewildered,Befuddled Blogger


Yes, I'm befuddled. Last night I stayed up until 1:30 AM trying to get out a blog. It was to have a picture at the top, some text under that, and some more text.
The first image came out great, and I added some text. Then I wanted to place another image under that, thinking it would be placed where my curser was. It wasn't. It was at the top of the blog, above the first picture. This, of course destroyed the sequence. I tried to cut snd paste. No luck. I couldn't even get rid of the top picture.
After about three tries I gave up and went to bed.
This morning I asked Fireguy how he did his. "Cut and Paste" he said.
I started a test blog, inserted a picture, then another picture, and tried to get the second one under the first. It wouldn't cut, so, of course, had nothing to paste.
I tried the keyboard shortcut for cut, CTL + x. It cut the picture alright, but still wouldn't paste, even trying the keyboard shortcut for paste, which is Ctl + V. . Still no luck.
Fireguy said, "Well, it works on my computer".
I thought it might be some of my browser settings, but couldn't fix it. We saved what we had as a draft.
Our next step: We opened my site on Fireguy's computer and tried to edit it there. It worked perfectly. So now, if I want to publish a blog needing any image placement changes, I have to do it on fireguy's computer.
Woe is me!!

3 comments:

NanNan said...

I have the same problem as you with pictures- I need fireguy to come up and show me, because cut and paste doesn't work at all on my blog screen- well, cut works, but not paste-

NanNan said...

I don't think I've ever seen that truck driver picture of you- do you have any more gems like that to share- not that I don't like the recent pictures --

Tuffysmom said...

I had the same problem too. Gee. Computers can drive you crazy sometimes. Once the second picture was taking so long to upload I just gave up.

Followers